Mental Health First Aid Training
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) England Adult Online Training
Mental Health First Aider Training Course
Loved the course, loved the way that the rooms worked, loved the positive welcoming energy that allowed me to feel comfortable opening up. Just sorry it is over – really enjoyed it, and would love to do other courses in future if they became available.
Our next MHFA course
Our next available training takes place across 4 live, virtual classroom based sessions on 15, 16, 22, 23 May 2023 (all live, virtual sessions 13.00 – 17.00hrs).
To find out more and to register click here.
About our MHFA course
We are trained to deliver MHFA England First Aid training to individuals within an organisation wishing to gain a qualification in Mental Health First Aid (MHFA).
- MHFA is accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health and is the only provider of licensed Mental Health First Aid instructor training in England.
- The course qualifies attending individuals as a certified Mental Health First Aider.
- Courses can be run face-to-face over 2 days OR virtually across 4 x 4 hour sessions, (16 hours total time).
- For up to 16 people per group.
Why is mental health first aid training important?
- 1 in 6 people of working age report experiencing a common mental health problem (such as anxiety and depression) in any given week.
- 9 out of 10 people who experience mental health problems say they face stigma and discrimination as a result.
- More than half of employees say they would not feel comfortable talking openly with their line manager if they were suffering from stress.
MHFA Course Overview
- MHFAiders® will gain knowledge and skills to spot the signs of a person experiencing poor mental health, the confidence to start a conversation and the tools to signpost to appropriate support.
- MHFA England’s training is grounded in research. It has been developed through an inclusive lens, with input from people with lived experience and in collaboration with clinical practitioners, learners, and workplaces.
- With our new offer, (launched in 2022), training doesn’t stop when the course comes to an end. We provide continuous support for MHFAiders® – well beyond initial certification – so people are confident, empowered, and motivated to carry out the role.
- MHFAiders® get automatic 24/7 digital support through the MHFAiders Support App®. From there they will find exclusive resources, ongoing learning opportunities and the benefit of joining England’s largest community of trained MHFAiders®.
MHFA Course Format
- The training is delivered face-to-face over 2 days OR split across 4 x 4 hour live, virtual sessions, typically across a 2 week period.
- POINT3 Wellbeing chose to deliver the training through two qualified MHFA instructors to ensure an optimum and safe learning environment.
- Post training, through the MHFAider Support App®, individuals will be able to keep their learning and confidence alive, quickly reference something and understand what is current with mental health and wellbeing support.
MHFA Course Takeaways
Everyone who completes the course gets:
- A certificate of attendance to say they are a Mental Health First Aider.
- A manual to refer to whenever they need it.
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support their own mental health.
- A copy of the Line Managers’ Resource, an invaluable source of advice on how to support an employee experiencing mental ill health.
- Access to the MHFAider Support App®, exclusive resources and learning opportunities.
Trigger Warning + Safety First
Please note that over the course of the training we will be discussing topics including; stigma + discrimination, anxiety disorders, eating disorders, self harm, depression, suicide, and psychosis.
It is important for learners to be aware of the subject material in advance of registering – and to consider if this is the right course for them to join at this time. We always recommend individuals prioritise their own mental wellbeing before, during and after the training. We are here to support along the way and welcome any questions.
I can’t thank Nicky and Imogen enough. They are an absolute asset to the MHFA network and so passionate about what they do. I would recommend them in a heartbeat!
I found this course to be inspirational and confidence boosting, giving me essential skills for life in my professional and personal worlds. The course tackled big issues with a perfect balance of seriousness and importance quite rightly needed, but never seemed overwhelming to take on as first aiders, due to the expert tutoring of Nicky and Imogen – who complimented each other brilliantly guiding us through the course content.
Nicky and Imogen are both fabulous instructors… compassionate, knowledgeable but they also bring humour and make the training as enjoyable as can be. Thank you!
Thank you so much, I thoroughly enjoyed the course. It was informative, fun, challenging and interactive. Both Nicky and Imogen were great instructors and helpful, understanding and so supportive. From someone who had little to no knowledge or experience in mental health and mental health first aid, I certainly feel like I now have the confidence and tools to ‘ALGEE’ with both colleagues and friends. Thank you!
This course has given me an essential insight into Mental Health, and the variety of conditions. I now have the confidence to support and give guidance to colleagues who may be suffering from mental health conditions.
Wonderful delivery and a great experience with excellent support offered going forward which I found very reassuring.
For further information, prices and to book your training please contact a member of the POINT3 team.
It is our mission to be an impact-led employee wellbeing organisation that focuses on the mental health and wellbeing of people in the workplace. But we also appreciate that gaining access to training courses such as those outlined here might feel limiting to some.
So for every MHFA training cohort we run, we gift up to two places to individuals who may otherwise not be able to gain access to this type of training. Perhaps you know someone who works for a charitable organisation where training funding is limited? Or you’re aware of someone who is really interested in this subject matter but doesn’t have the funding means? Do get in touch if you would like to discuss this with us.
Mental Health First Aid Refresher Training
MHFA England recommend that qualified Mental Health First Aiders should complete a refresher course every 3 years, in the same way as a physical first aider would keep their skills up to date.
This course will give your MHFAiders a chance to renew their skills, update their knowledge of mental health support and provide them with access to a further three years to the MHFAider Support & Benefits app.
The four hour session aims to:
- Demonstrate a commitment to your MHFA community
- Keep awareness of mental health supports current
- Update knowledge of mental health and what influences it
- Practice applying the Mental Health First Aid action plan (ALGEE)
- Provide a forum for connection.
We are running a refresher course on Tuesday 9 May, between 1pm-5pm. To book an individual place on the course, click here.
To find out more about the Refresher Training for your business, give one of the team a call.
Mental Health Awareness Training
As an extension of our offering, we have created a half day (4 hours) Mental Health Awareness training module aimed specifically for those within the workplace.
This training is ideal for any person in the workplace wishing to gain a greater knowledge, understanding and awareness of mental health. It is especially recommended for business leaders, people managers and/or those who come into frequent contact with other team members.
Check out our dedicated page about Mental Health Awareness Training for more information.