Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) England Training delivered by POINT3.
Two Day First Aider Training Course
We are trained to deliver MHFA England First Aid training to individuals / businesses wishing to gain a qualification in mental health first aid.
- MHFA is accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health and is the only provider of licensed Mental Health First Aid instructor training in England.
- The two day course qualifies attending individuals as a certified Mental Health First Aider.
- We can cater for mixed groups made up of individuals from multiple businesses OR host training for up to 16 people from your business.
This two day course qualifies your employees as Mental Health First Aiders, giving them:
- An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing.
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of a range of mental health issues.
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress using the Mental Health First Aid action plan.
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening.
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether through self-help resources, internal support such as EAP, or external sources such as their GP.
- An understanding of how to keep themselves safe while performing their duties.
- Two day face to face course across four manageable sessions.
- Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities.
- Each session is built around a Mental Health First Aid action plan.
- NB: We limit numbers to 16 people per course so that the instructors can keep people safe and supported while they learn.
- Unlike most MHFA England training courses, our training is led by two MHFA qualified instructors, ensuring that we provide the best learning experience for delegates.
Everyone who completes the course gets:
- A certificate of attendance to say they are a Mental Health First Aider.
- A manual to refer to whenever they need it.
- A quick reference card for the Mental Health First Aid action plan.
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support their own mental health.
- A copy of the Line Managers’ Resource, an invaluable source of advice on how to support an employee experiencing mental ill health.
For further information, prices and to book your training please contact a member of the POINT3 team / firstname.lastname@example.org
Mental Health Awareness Training
As an extension of our offering, we have created a half day (3.5 hours) Mental Health Awareness training module aimed specifically for those within the workplace.
This training is ideal for any person in the workplace wishing to gain a greater knowledge, understanding and awareness of mental health. It is especially recommended for business leaders, people managers and/or those who come into frequent contact with other team members.
Find out more about our half day training by clicking on the following link.